Copyright

You will copy with risks to penalties and criminal procedures.

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Mom's cauliflower stew

We all have our versions, but this one is my fav. I don't think I can make it like Mom did, but it is the simplest of recipes that needs just butter, cumin seeds, salt and grated ginger. Add to it cauliflower florets and diced potatoes. Add the ginger later to avoid its turning bitter in heat, and pressure pan it. I loved it in winters, where cauliflower was available. Now, I can have it all year round if I want to.

I usually steam veggies in the microwave first to cook faster. Not this one, since it gets pressure cooked.

Another recipe with cauliflower is Cauliflower roast. Where I steam the floret firsts and make the sauce separately with yogurt , loads of cinnamon powder and other preferred freshly ground spices. (Basic garam masala is a good option). You can make it on stove top or bake it in oven for a healthier version. Green peas and tomatoes make great additions to the merry party.

But the simplest and most satisfying way to enjoy a cauliflower is to pan-roast it with nigella seeds, cracked pepper, slit green chilis, potatoes and green peas. You can add pearl onions too.

No comments:

Post a Comment