Copyright

You will copy with risks to penalties and criminal procedures.

Friday, January 3, 2014

Pork Bharta

This recipe was mailed to me by Dad on 10/30/07.  I made it for dinner tonight after ages.


 Ingredients:
1. Pork, 1 kg / 2.2 lbs (use stew meat if you like to eat the fat., my father prefers leaner cuts)
2. Salt to taste
3. Ginger, about 6 cms or 2.5 inches long
4. One large tomato (optional, I don't use it)
5. One large onion, rings or sliced thin.
6. Green chilies, blistered in open fire
7. Cilantro

 Preparation:
1. Cut dressed pork meat into small cubes.
2. Boil the cubes in pressure cooker properly with one cup of water and 1 tsp salt.
3. Let the cubes cool down a little & drain excess water. (you may choose to cut further into smaller pieces now)
4. Finely chop ginger & tomato (may skip tomato). Make onion rings or use thin slices.
5. Dry roast the chilies slightly brown till you can smell the smoky chili flavor. Make a rough paste of the chilies in a mortar and pestle (forego electric food processor for more authentic taste).
6. Chop cilantro finely.
7. Mix boiled pork meat, all the ingredients and salt to taste. Pork bharta is ready to be served. Serve warm. Best eaten on the day of. 

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the recipe Aparna. This has always been one of my favorite pork dish (minus the tomato). I am going to make it tomorrow and just wanted to refresh my memory. Meshed pork, chopped onion and ginger with meshed dry roast chilies. Yummmy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to find someone who enjoys it as much as I do. The flavors are esoteric, but those who enjoy it, swear by it. Thanks for dropping by. Enjoy your meal today. P.S. I skip the tomatoes too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is One Of My Favorite Dishes....
    Glad to have come across the recipe....
    Surely gonna try...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think tomato will not go well with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome recipe Aparna di :) Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete